Monday, March 9, 2015

Altered Book Swap Cherry Heaven Teal

I completed two more pages in D's book, as part of our colour themed altered book round robin swap.  With travel schedules, we did not finish by the end of 2014 - but it just makes the fun last longer!  This book has a cherry and teal theme, and is titled Cherry Heaven Teal.  The original title of the book being Cherry Heaven.  When trying to come up with ideas for my spreads, it occurred to me that there were no spreads about either cherries, or heaven!

For my first spread i used some Dove chocolate foil wrappers in teal and green to create cherry shapes. The background was painted with a berry coloured acrylic paint. I created a bowl in cherry colour from another foil wrapper.  I added some painterly swishes to create shadow and shape.  then added the stems which in hindsight are too thick.  I used some letters dyed with teal ink to explain that yes, these are Teal Cherries!

For my second spread, i started with a solid teal paper background.  I cut some classical angels from wrapping paper and glued them on with a glue stick, my adhesive of choice for altered books.  I added some washi tape music notes, and a gold foil doily.  The word heaven was some stick on raised letters with i stained with berry ink.  the final touch was a polymer clay stamping of an angel, which i also coloured with ink.

to see the spreads i did in D's book last year - click HERE.

No comments: